Energy Efficiency Loans for multi-family residential buildings
Financing is now available to eligible Nicor Gas multi-family property owners to cover the cost of energy efficiency equipment and improvements. Installments on the loan are conveniently applied to monthly Nicor Gas bills.
General rates and terms
- 5.99% fixed interest rate
- Loans up to $150,000 per site
- Up to 100% financing available
- 1-10 year loan terms, in increments of 1 year
- No fees to customer or contractor
- Work must be done by an approved contractor
Nicor Gas customers:
- Are installing a qualifying improvement in that property (see below for qualifying improvements)
- Meet lender’s credit requirements
Multi-family buildings must have five to 50 units to qualify.
Qualifying equipment and improvements
Equipment or improvements eligible for rebates or incentives through energySMART with a total installed cost of more than $500 are eligible.
Only contractors enrolled with Renew Financial — the program lender — may perform the work. Self-installations are not eligible. Use our Find a Contractor tool to find an approved contractor.
Click here for information about financing options offered by other institutions.