Nicor Gas and ComEd are offering building managers and owners energy efficiency upgrades through the Multi-Family Comprehensive Energy Efficiency Program.
The program offers four ways to participate:
- Free energy assessments: Program energy advisors complete an onsite audit of your property and facilities to include in-unit sampling, common areas, central plant and building shell. You will receive a customized report summarizing your free energy-saving installation options, capital energy efficiency improvement recommendations, rebate dollars available and cost-benefit estimates for improvements.
- Free energy-efficient products: The Multi-Family Comprehensive Energy Efficiency Program helps owners and tenants save energy, look for opportunities to reduce utility costs and improve tenant retention by providing each unit with the following energy-efficient products (installed by our trained technicians at no cost):
- Shower heads: High-pressure, water-saving fixtures that use 40 percent less water than comparable products.
- Faucet aerators: High-efficiency faucet aerators for kitchen and bathroom sinks that use up to 30 percent less water.
- Compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs): Energy-saving bulbs that use 75 percent less electricity than standard incandescent light bulbs.
- Thermostats: Programmable thermostats that keep each unit at a consistent temperature to help save on energy bills.
- Pipe insulation: Insulation wrapped around hot water pipes to help conserve heat.
- Discounted contractor-delivered services: Pre-negotiated, discounted energy efficiency improvements from a selection of free and discounted measures and services. Services include steam pipe insulation, boiler tune-ups, lighting upgrades, exit signs and lighting controls.
- Call 855.846.1148 to schedule an appointment for a free energy assessment and installation of free energy-saving products.
- Receive your free in-unit product installation and building recommendation report.
- If you want additional savings, work with a participating contractor OR your own to implement the additional savings opportunities outlined in the recommendation report.
- Get rewarded with rebates on your qualifying project.
- Enjoy your energy savings!
Tenants: Let your landlord or property manager know about the Multi-Family Comprehensive Energy Efficiency Program’s FREE and low-cost energy-saving opportunities! Once your property enrolls in the program trained technicians from Honeywell Utility Solutions and Franklin Energy will install each of the energy saving items.
Smart Ideas® is funded by ComEd customers in compliance with Illinois Public Act 95-0481