Business Programs: Small Business Energy Savings Program
The Nicor Gas Energy Efficiency Program and ComEd’s Smart Ideas for Your Business® are happy to announce that the Small Business Energy Savings (SBES) incentive budget this program year has more than doubled to $2 million available, plus several new and expanded electric- and natural gas-saving energy efficiency improvement incentives have been added. New incentives available immediately for businesses that complete an assessment on or after June 1, 2012:
NEW Incentives for Electric-Saving Improvements:
NEW Incentives for Natural Gas-Saving Improvements:
Small Business Energy Savings is offered in partnership with ComEd and provides both guidance and assistance to small business owners looking to make their business more energy efficient. This service includes:
- A free energy-use assessment of most small businesses including but not limited to convenience stores, restaurants, offices, hotels and light manufacturing facilities.
- Free installation of energy saving products such as compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs), faucet aerators, vending machine controls, pre-rinse sprayers and shower heads.
- A list of recommendations for additional energy efficiency capital investment improvements that qualify for ComEd and Nicor Gas Energy Efficiency Program rebates of up to 60 percent of qualifying cost.
- Assistance with completing the Small Business Energy Savings application for incentives and help with the scheduling and installation of energy saving recommendations.
Small Business Energy Savings is available to:
- Small businesses that are jointly served by ComEd and Nicor Gas.
- Small businesses with peak electric demand of 100 kilowatts or less and that use less than 60,000 therms per year.
How it works
- Call the SBES Team at 888-806-2273 to schedule an in-person energy assessment at your small business.
- An energy advisor will conduct a FREE on-site energy assessment valued at more than $500 and provide free installation of energy saving products.
- Participants receive a report recommending other energy saving improvements and upgrades, such as more efficient facility lighting, exit signs and natural gas saving products that can further improve the energy efficiency of a business.
- For participants who elect to proceed with recommended improvements, the energy advisor will assist in completing a Small Business Energy Savings application for ComEd and Nicor Gas Energy Efficiency Program rebates of up to 60 percent of qualifying cost and help find a competitively priced independent participating contractor to perform the work.
Small Business Energy Savings Resources
Note: Incentives are available on a first-come, first-served basis. This offer is subject to change or termination without notice at the discretion of the Small Business Energy Savings Program.