The Nicor Gas Economic Redevelopment Program offers technical assistance and financial incentives for energy efficiency upgrades in existing commercial and industrial facilities. The program focuses on serving communities that are in need of economic redevelopment, as well as businesses and organizations that create jobs, offer social services or provide affordable housing.
Click here to download the program overview.
Services and Incentives
This program offers extensive technical assistance throughout the process of identifying and completing energy efficiency improvements. Services include:
- A complete evaluation of the project and design documents.
- A report detailing recommended energy efficiency measures, estimated savings and incentives available from Nicor Gas and other programs.
- Assistance in applying for incentive programs.
- Design review and construction oversight to ensure quality results.
- Technical consulting, design and engineering assistance (up to $20,000 value) provided at no cost
- Financial incentives up to $100,000 per project (based upon the performance of and energy savings of efficiency measures)
- Financial incentives to help cover the cost of design services
The actual incentives and total value of technical assistance provided are based on the scope of the project, measures implemented and therms saved. See the Economic Redevelopment Program Terms and Conditions for more details or contact the Economic Redevelopment team.
Who Can Qualify?
This program is open to commercial and industrial facilities and large multifamily buildings served by Nicor Gas. To qualify, projects should fit the following guidelines:
- Projects should promote economic redevelopment and should be located in Enterprise Zones, TIF districts or other economically challenged areas. Projects that create jobs, offer social services, or provide affordable housing may qualify even if they are not located within these zones.
- The facility to be improved must be at least 10,000 square feet.
- Projects must be early in both the design process and the process of selecting components and systems to be improved. (Projects nearing completion may not qualify.)
How to Apply
To apply for this program or for more information, contact the Economic Redevelopment team using the options to the right or download the application.
The Nicor Gas Economic Redevelopment Program is a Nicor Gas Energy Efficiency Program offering administered by the Energy Center of Wisconsin and CNT Energy. Nicor Gas Energy Efficiency Program offers are available on a first-come, first-served basis. This offer is subject to change or termination without notice at the discretion of the Economic Redevelopment Program.