Programmable Thermostat Rebates
Cash rebates are available to current Nicor Gas residential customers for programmable thermostats meeting the following requirements. All rebate applications must be postmarked or submitted online within 90 days of installation or by June 30, 2014, whichever comes first.
Saving energy is hassle-free! Simply purchase and install a new programmable thermostat, program it to ENERGY STAR®-recommended setting and receive your rebate.
Must be installed on residential
If you are applying for other rebates from the Nicor Gas Home Energy Efficiency Rebate Program,
please visit the Apply Now page to apply online or download the full application.
SET and SAVE!
You can save up to $180 each year on your energy bills by setting and maintaining ENERGY STAR-recommended temperatures throughout the day and night.* Use your programmable thermostat to save energy year-round and increase the comfort of your home. Learn more about how you can save with a programmable thermostat.
ENERGY STAR Recommended Settings
|Setting||Set point Temperature (Winter)||Set point Temperature (Summer)|
< 70° F
> 78° F
|Day||Setback at least 8° F||Setup at least 7° F|
|Evening||< 70° F||> 78° F|
|Sleep||Setback at least 8° F||Setup at least 4° F|
Programmable Thermostat Requirements:
- New thermostat must be capable of maintaining separate programs for weekdays and weekends, with at least two temperature settings for each program
- Thermostat must be installed on system with residential-sized natural gas space heating equipment with Input Capacity < 300 MBTUH
- Thermostat must be installed according to manufacturer specifications
- Professional installation is not required, but is strongly encouraged
- New construction is not eligible
- Programmable thermostats must be installed June 1, 2012 - May 31, 2014
All rebate applications must be postmarked or submitted online no later than 90 days after the installation date, or by June 30, 2014, whichever comes first
- Include itemized contractor invoice(s) or proof of purchase receipt(s) consisting of:
- Product make, model and serial number (if product has a serial number)
- Total quantity installed
- Installation date
- Payment terms (such as balance due of zero, financing, or paid-in-full stamp)
- Professional contractor’s business/company name, address and phone number
(if installed by a professional contractor)
- For instant discount applications, the invoice must be signed by the Nicor Gas account holder, or include a Customer Release Form signed by the account holder
Products must be:
- Installed according to all applicable building, local and state codes, and manufacturer specifications
- Installed and operational prior to submittal of a rebate application at the address listed on the application
- A new purchase; resale equipment, new parts installed in existing equipment, or equipment that is leased, rebuilt, rented, or won as a prize do not qualify
- Installed in a single-family dwelling, or a multi-family dwelling of three units or less