Start saving with an energy assessment
energySMART can help you find opportunities to save energy in your home through an assessment. Afterward, you can receive free energy-saving products and a report with recommendations for the smartest ways to save. Simply follow the steps below to receive your assessment:
- Find opportunities to save energy in your home with a do-it-yourself assessment.
- Simply follow the steps on our handy checklist and you’ll be on your way to saving energy.
- Email or call us to discuss your DIY findings and receive a free energy-saving kit.
- At no cost to you, an Energy Advisor will
walk through your entire home to understand its energy use.
- You will receive a report detailing your home's energy use and opportunities for saving energy and money.
- During the assessment, you can receive free
energy efficient products, such as a programmable thermostat, low-flow showerheads, faucet aerators, pipe insulation and CFLs (for ComEd customers only). We will also set back your water heater temperature.
- Multi-family buildings can also receive assessments. Talk to your property manager to receive a free energySMART assessment.
- As part of the assessment you'll receive free energy efficient products within your unit such as pipe insulation, faucet aerators, programmable thermostats, low-flow showerheads and CFLs (in-unit ComEd customers only). We will also set back your water heater temperature
- Share this information with your property owner and start saving energy today.
After your home energy assessment, you will uncover opportunities to save energy. Find a contractor to perform energy efficiency projects and improvements in your home and receive rebates to help cover the cost.
For air sealing and insulation projects, you must choose a contractor via the find a contractor tool. If you complete any recommended air sealing and/or insulation projects energySMART lets you skip the paperwork— your contractor will deduct your rebate from your invoice so you save upfront.