Commercial Steam Trap Rebates
Cash rebates are available to eligible Nicor Gas business customers for repairing or replacing existing steam traps which meet the following requirements.
Qualifying customers can also receive an incentive for completing a steam trap survey. Learn more!
Repair or replace existing traps
Plus a $50 bonus
Important Eligibility Requirements
Bonus Rebate Requirements:
- Qualifying steam trap repairs and replacements must be completed March 1, 2013 through May 31, 2014 to qualify for the bonus rebate amounts listed above.
- The total rebate paid per trap will be capped at the purchase price.
Additional Rebate Requirements:
- Rebates are available for the repair or replacement of existing steam traps.
- Steam trap repairs and/or replacements must be completed on an existing boiler for non-residential use.
- Steam Trap Replacements: New steam traps must replace existing steam traps, one for one.
- Steam Trap Repairs: Steam trap repairs must be made on existing steam traps.
- Effective June 1, 2013: Orifice- or venturi-type traps are not eligible for commercial steam trap rebates.
- Rebate is paid on a per unit basis.
- Rebate will not exceed the cost of the steam trap repair or replacement.
- Use of a professional contractor is strongly encouraged, but is not required.
Download the Steam Trap Fact Sheet for Business Customers for more information.
Looking for Industrial/Process Steam Trap Rebate Information?
Click here for complete details on the Industrial/Process Steam Trap rebates. Rebates are available for the repair/replacement of existing, failed traps (leaking or blow-through) on process steam systems with operating pressure > 15 psig. Additional requirements apply.
Installations must meet all equipment-specific, energy efficiency and Program requirements outlined below.
All equipment and products must be:
- Installed in a non-residential space.
- Purchased new. Resale equipment, new parts installed in existing equipment, or equipment that is leased, rebuilt, rented, received from insurance claims or won as a prize do not qualify (This requirement does not apply to steam trap repairs).
- Installed conforming to all applicable building, local and state codes, and manufacturer specifications.
- Installed and operational prior to submittal of this application at the address listed on the application.
- Installed in a property owned by the applicant, or the applicant must receive permission from the property owner to install the equipment. If you do not own the property where the equipment or product is being installed, as a tenant you are responsible for obtaining the property owner’s permission to install the equipment or product for which you are applying for a rebate. Your submission of a rebate application indicates that you have obtained this permission.
- Purchased and installed during the Program offering period: June 1, 2011 - May 31, 2014